We've also been out shopping a bunch looking for halloween costumes! My former roommate Laura is having a costume party on Halloween night as her and her fiance Pj's Jack & Jill. Charles has decided to be Dumbledore and I got a cute witch costume. We're making the Dumbledore costume from pieces... he got a large black robe (though he wanted purple we couldn't find one that fit), we ordered a long white beard and wig, and a WB Licensed Dumbledore hat. He got a big ring and a necklace and I ordered him a cheap wand which looked WAY better in the picture online.. I'm sad about that... We just need to get him some cheap glasses and see about a few more details and we should be good to go! :)
Yesterday Charles said to me that his vision in his right eye was just about perfect! The best it's been in a while. He said he'd never have known there was anything wrong with it. He just needs a new Rx for his contacts and he thinks he'd be seeing perfectly. AWESOME!!!! :)
He's left a couple messages with work about being scheduled for the beginning of next month. He just called again this morning, so he hasn't heard anything back yet. I believe he told them he could work every other day for the first 2 weeks. I'm still really worried about it draining his energy a lot, I'll worry about his safety and well-being. But... he's still got another 2 weeks until then and hopefully by then I won't be as worried!
Charles is still planning on sending out Thank You cards to everyone who has sent him a Get Well card :) They're all over our livingroom!! It was lovely to receive them all.
Let me know if there's anything else you want updates on, I can't think of anything at the moment. So I'll leave you with some photos of Charles and Emily that I took not long after we got him home from the hospital. He couldn't bend down to pet her so I put her on his lap and she happily stayed to be petted. They're both adorable :)


<3 Sue W.
No comments:
Post a Comment