Shift Change! Peppy Doctor (not sure her name, but oh is she peppy! saw her before the surgery too) came in and did the regular tests, said he did great. Met the new nurse. She left us with a menu, so I guess he can have breakfast! We picked out some soft stuff, hoping the nurse will call it in for him rather than making me do it... hey I'm not supposed to be here, that's a good excuse, right? Of course I will if I need to, but I don't think there's any rush to attempt to eat anything because his pain is pretty considerable at this time and he's definitely going to need some more meds and to get it down a lot to even THINK about trying to eat something! That is going to SUCK! Poor thing. Just got him some fresh ice... things are a bit hectic around here at the moment, the nurse isn't here... shift change and rounds and what not... the night nurse Jody was really nice, I think Charles is sad to see her go, he liked her. The new nurse said that he'd be getting his stuff taken out throughout this morning.. the catheter, the arterial line, etc. She also said they'd be getting him up. He's going to push through it I'm sure because he wants to get out of here as soon as possible. He's definitely worse for the wear though... he seems worse than last time, the pain is much more of a problem it seems to me at least. But it sounds like he's fallen back asleep now, so let's hope that no one comes to bother him for a little while! He's been hot, so I fanned him off a bit, and put my cold hands on his face. I'm sure the fresh ice will help with that issue as well. No other interesting news to report. Will let you know when there is :)
~Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment